Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Discoveries

Babies are amazing. They change so much so very quickly. Everyday they discover something new and with that, you get to discover a new part of their personality and the person they will become.

Yesterday, Madeline was coming to see me while I was sitting on the floor and feeding Lily. Maddy crawled right over, put her little hands on my knees and stood up. The amazing part... She let go. She just stood there in front of me, looking at me, and balancing herself. That lasted for close to 10 full seconds. She continued to do that a few more times yesterday. Since we made such a big deal out of it, everytime she did so she would get all excited, knowing she did something great.

A few hours later, I was looking at my munchkin and realizing she wasn't opening her mouth at all. That usually means that she's snuck something in her mouth. So I reach in, searching her mouth for some object that isn't allowed in there. What do I find? A sharp little tooth broken through the gums... She's growing so quickly.

Phil and I made such a big thing over the tooth, I guess Mariana got jealous. She came walking over... "Look I have teeth (Smiling big to show us her teeth)! See I'm not a baby anymore, I have teeth." I LOVE MY GIRLS!!!!

1 comment:

c.a.b. said...

Cass, thanks for your comments. Sometimes, I'll be out somewhere and get a whiff of someone's cologne or clothing or even deodorant! You're right: smells match up with certain memories.

I love reading about you and your girls :) It's comforting to know that there are great, loving, supportive parents out there. I forget that at times because most of my students come from such crappy home situations.

Much love,
catherine