Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Babies, Family, and More...

Madeline has begun moving. She isn't quite crawling, though she does get up on her hands and knees quite easily. On Sunday, I was in the kitchen with Phillip and she was on the middle of the living room floor, she decided she wanted to be in the kitchen with us and made her way over entirely on her own. We were amazed at the distance she went. Her hair is still adorably curly on top. She's also getting quite a temper!

I've decided it is long past time to begin working with Mariana on her alphabet. As soon as I get my printer cartridge replaced I will be printing out some flashcards and other pre-school materials that I found online. Until then we have some books and such that we will make use of. She knows R, O, and X. Why those three I do not know. She can count to 17 quite consistently and understands the concept of counting things versus just saying the numbers. She has a temper as well. She also is quite a firecracker, my little miss. She has developed the habit of being slightly rude to her father, which we are correcting every time. You've got to love that stage when they begin to truly assert themselves, lol.

I once again have Lily in my care. I've recovered enough from my shoulder injury, Vickie went home, etc. She's doing well with me, of course. She is also getting mobile, so my job is now both easier and more difficult. Maddy and Lily can both move. Positives: They can entertain themselves better, they can move to get things that they accidently put out of their reach, they can move on to other toys if they get bored. Negatives: They can move, lol... Now, if Mariana brings toys onto the living room floor I have to make sure no small parts have been brought out unless I sit right there with them. I, of course, watch them quite closely, but there are bathroom breaks, lunch cooking, and house straightening moments when they are not in my line of sight every second.

We got great news last week. Phillip will be fine for work next year. There was some minor fear about them not renewing his contract since he isn't completely finished with his professional certification. He will need 1 more college credit, which he will get next fall. But he has been informed by his boss and administration, that all is well and he will be fine next year. There's some stress that is gone.

Oh and lastly, that paper I finished in my last post. I got an A. I kicked its butt, basically.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cass,
You always kick butt!!!! That's why we all love you so very much.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Cass,
You always kick butt!!!! That's why we love you so very much!

Mom

Pete Bauer said...

Great news on both your paper and Phil! What a relief!